Task lists help ensure integrity in your incident response. With Tasks lists, you can create predefined tasks for your responders to reduce cognitive load during an incident. When used during an incident, each list item will be assigned as a separate task.
Creating a task list
- Navigate to Incident response > Task Lists in the Web UI.
- Click “+ Create new Task List.”
On this screen, provide a Name and Description for the Task List.
- Each Task list requires a unique name. Adding a description will also help provide context for the purpose of this task list.
To add a task to your list, click “+ Add a task”.
- Enter the task summary and description. Select Save task to add this task to the list. A task list must have at least one task before it can be saved.
When you are done, you can save the task list to view all the tasks.
How to use Task Lists
Add a Task List to a runbook step
- Go into a Runbook and click on '+ Add step'.
- Search for "task list" and click Add Task List. Then select the Task List you'd like added to the incident.
- (Optional) If you want to assign the Task List to a specific role, you can select that in the next dropdown.
Note: If assigning to a role, make sure to add a conditional execution rule that ensures the assigned role exists. See image below.
If you want to have the task list populate an incident channel then you should also select the rule the execute after the incident channel step has been created.
- Learn how to manage tasks on incidents directly from Slack.
- Read more about Runbooks and how they can be used to automate steps of your process.