Integrating with Honeycomb
Honeycomb provides observability monitoring for your cloud infrastructure. Use alerts from Honeycomb to power incidents and notifications in FireHydrant.
- Authorize the Honeycomb integration on FireHydrant's integrations page
- Once you click Authorize Application, you'll see a webhook URL provided
- Navigate to the Integrations section of your Team Settings page within Honeycomb
- Click Add Recipient under Trigger Recipients
- Select Webhook, give it a name and paste the webhook url supplied on this page
- Navigate to the new Trigger page
- Add the Honeycomb query you'd like to alert on. Set Threshold, Duration and Frequency according to your alert's needs
- Click Add Recipient, and set the recipient to the one added previously
- Find the trigger you created earlier in step in the Triggers list.
- Click Test on the line with your Trigger and confirm to launch the test.
- Confirm that the webhook successfully reaches FireHydrant in the logs below.
Setup Alert Routes. For any Honeycomb alerts that come into FireHydrant, configure alert routing to automatically open incidents, send Slack messages, and more, and more.