Getting Started with the Zoom OAuth Integration
The Zoom OAuth integration option lets you configure Runbooks to spin up a Zoom conference bridge for your team to use during incidents.
Installing the Zoom OAuth integration
Note: Developer privileges in Zoom and Owner privileges in FireHydrant are required to perform this step.
To enable the Zoom OAuth integration, select Integrations from the lefthand navigation bar, and choose to install the Zoom OAuth integration. Click to Authorize the integration.
FireHydrant user Zoom settings
To avoid meeting conflicts, ensure that the Zoom account of the user who authorized the OAuth integration has the Personal Meeting ID scheduling option disabled. To disable it:
- As the user, sign in to Zoom
- Go to Settings
- Make sure Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when scheduling a meeting and Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting are both DISABLED.
If these settings are enabled, the same Zoom meeting ID will be used for each incident, causing collisions if more than one incident is in play at the same time.
Adding a Zoom Runbook step
After you have set up the Zoom integration, you can add a Create Meeting step to any incident type Runbook in FireHydrant.
- In the left nav, click Runbooks. Once you're creating or editing a runbook, select "Add Step" and search for the Zoom step
- Scroll down to the Zoom step and click Add.
- Specify the meeting topic and agenda (using template variables) and whether you want FireHydrant to record the meeting.
- To create a Zoom bridge for every time this Runbook is triggered, select the Execute Automatically checkbox in the Conditions & scheduling section for this step.
With these settings configured, your team will have access to an incident-specific Zoom meeting whenever this Runbook is executed.
Removing the Zoom OAuth integration
Note: Owner privileges in FireHydrant are required to perform this step.
To remove the Zoom OAuth integration, select Integrations from the lefthand navigation bar, and choose to edit the Zoom OAuth integration. Click to Uninstall the integration.
- If you encounter an error indicating that the Zoom meeting is waiting for the host, verify that you are logged into your Zoom account.