Customizing the Slack incident form
Customizing the FireHydrant Slack Modal
FireHydrant offers three different ways to customize a new incident form in Slack, so your team can fill out the most crucial information to start remediation as soon as possible.
Within the FireHydrant UI, go to Integrations and click the Slack card. In the configuration settings for Slack, you have the following options:
- Simple : Simple offers a very basic set of fields to get your team up and running quickly. The only required field is name.
- Incident Types : If you have consistent incidents that you would like to templatize, you can use Incident Types. Learn more about incident types here.
- Advanced : The advanced option gives you the most fields and also offers the ability to customize the fields that appear on your form.
- Effective Feb 6, 2023: The settings for the advanced form are now found by going to Organization tab --> Account Overview --> Edit inside the Organizations card. Once on the settings page scroll down to Incident Fields Settings.
- Multi-step: This is an improved version of the incident types form that allows you to preview the incident that is going to be opened and edit via incident types.
Field customization allows you to put any of the available fields in any order on the modal. This option is great for giving your team the option to specify the fields you want filled out and the order in which they appear. Available options are: name, summary , description , customer_impact_summary , severity , impacts_functionalities , impacts_environments , impacts_services , and incident_tags.
Let's take a look at reimplementing the current functionality of the different modal types with custom modals.
name, customer_impact, functionalities, environments, services, severity
name, summary, severity
Here are some additional recipes to try out:
Only utilizing services to open an incident
Name field last to encourage naming conditions based on severity and impact
environments, services, severity, name
Customer impact focus
customer_impact, summary, functionalities, severity, name