Assigning a role with a Runbook step
Assigning roles to your incident allows you to give responders specific responsibilities to ensure that steps in your incident response process are handled by the correct people. Creating a Runbook step to assign a role ensures that role assignments happen automatically.
Note: If Slack is integrated with your FireHydrant instance, assigning an incident role to a user also automatically pulls that user into the unique incident Slack channel created by FireHydrant.
The Runbook step has two dropdown fields.
- Role: This is a dynamically populated dropdown with the roles that you have customized for you account. You can find out more about roles, the default roles provided, and how to customize them here.
- User: The user dropdown contains three sections:
- Users: People with FireHydrant accounts.
- Schedules: The current on-call user from an alerting schedule. See more about configuring schedules into FireHydrant here.
- Incident Opener: An incident opener can be set if that user has a linked FireHydrant account. This means you'll need to verify that all of your incident openers have run the
/fh linkcommand to link their FireHydrant accounts.